To whom it may concern, particularly any political party that would like my vote:
- Religious taxation and religious education at public schools is abolished to be replaced by philosophy. The subject currently called »maths« is renamed »arithmetic«.
- Recreational drugs are legalised. The gained enforcement capacity is used to police speeding and parking offences and any other traffic violation that compromises the safety of others. Every incident is fined at a flat rate of €200.
- The proceeds of traffic fines are used to actually make roads cycling friendly.
- Tax relief and subsidies for commuting is scrapped. The funds are used to make public transport free for everyone to use.
- Privately-owned compulsory health insurance is abolished. Doctors and hospitals are made free for everyone to use (administrative fees of €5-€10 per use apply), the health system is financed through income tax. Whether the income was gained through employment, capital gains or otherwise makes no difference and there are no upper or lower limits to each individual's contributions. Tax relief and subsidies for private health insurance is scrapped.
- Tax relief and subsidies for private pension plans are scrapped. The public pension system based on annual turnover is adjusted such that 40 years' worth of contributions yield an equivalent pension income. Pension contributions are subsumed by income tax irrespective of whether the income was gained through employment, capital gains or otherwise.
- Unemployment insurance and incapacity benefits are subsumed by income tax irrespective of whether the income was gained through employment, capital gains or otherwise.
- Tax relief and subsidies for real estate are abolished, personal use excepted. Income from rent is treated like any other income.
As you have probably guessed I'm not an economist. But I figure that just the simplifications from these changes would make for a much more pleasant life...